Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A movie, series or book I've seen or read recently

Hi everyone. Nice to meet you. I hope we can keep practicing our English together for the rest of the course.
I would like to write about a series I've seen recently. It's called Fleabag.
Fleabag is a series on Amazon prime about an English lady in her late twenties or early thirties. It has two seasons and each season has only 6 episodes.
The lady (you never know her name) runs a small coffee shop, has a successful sister, and a distant father. She used to run the coffee shop with a friend of hers, but the friend has died. Fleabag's life is not going very well, and she frequently gets angry, or sad, as she goes through the adventures of the series.
The series is a comedy, and is genuinely funny. The main character is always looking to the camera, and telling funny jokes, or making a silly comment. The other characters also get into crazy and absurd situations, which can be hilarious. However, it is also a sad show, filled with characters who are finding life difficult. Fleabag's sister has an alcoholic husband and a strange stepson, which she struggles to balance with her career. Her father finds it difficult to connect with his daughters, and her stepmother is an awful woman. It is this combination of comedy and sadness that makes the series so great.
I loved this series, and without wanting to exaggerate, I think I have never seen television quite like it. The second season, in particular, will make you laugh, cry, and question yourself as a TV viewer. Each character is amazingly written, and the storylines are silly but with a centre of poignancy and truth.
The only caveat I would make is that the series is quite rude. It has a lot of swearing and adult themes, so if you are offended by these things, I wouldn't recommend it. For everyone else, though, watch it as soon as possible!
Write your own post about a movie, series, or book you have seen recently, that you liked or didn't like. Then write a comment on your classmates blog.




More resources:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/
https://www.goodreads.com/
https://www.metacritic.com/tv
https://www.amazon.com/amazon-books/b?ie=UTF8&node=13270229011

6 comments:

  1. I actually had no idea that amazon had series, i just have netflix and sometimes I see some series on Tv, but I had never heard about series on amazon until now.
    About fleabag, I found it interesting and the personality of the principal character is funny, I may see it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it's crazy now. There are/will be a lot of streaming services. Disney, HBO, Amazon, all have their own streaming services. I'm only inscribed with Netflix, and I have to find other ways of seeing the shows on other platforms.

      Delete
  2. I liked the plot so I would like to watch it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it was clear from my review, but the plot is slightly melodramatic, like a family drama, but funny.

      Delete
  3. Hello teacher, nice to meet you. Wowww! I think I did not know this series, I will see it!

    ReplyDelete